What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is a revolutionary way to straighten your teeth without metal brackets, wires, or bands. Invisalign instead uses a series of custom aligners made of smooth, transparent plastic to gradually straighten your teeth. This treatment system is a great alternative to traditional braces and allows you to more discreetly and comfortably straighten your teeth.
What is involved in the Invisalign process?
Reaching your ideal smile with Invisalign takes only 5 easy steps:
1. Talk to your dentist about Invisalign in Chicago, Illinois. Our dentists at The Dental Implant Associates are trained in providing Invisalign and can help you determine whether this treatment is right for your specific needs and goals.
2. A customized treatment plan is created for you. Dr. Hoffman, Dr. Flicker, and Dr. Sher will take X-rays, photos, and impressions of your teeth, which allow us to create a digital 3D image of your smile. Based on these images, we can map out a precise treatment plan.
3. Receive your custom aligners, which are created based on your personalized treatment plan. A series of custom-made, clear aligners are made just for you. Invisalign aligners are made of smooth, BPA-free plastic that is both comfortable and virtually invisible. Because Invisalign aligners are also removable, you can take them out as needed to brush, floss, and eat. Be sure to wear your aligners as much as possible (20-22 hours every day) to achieve optimal results.
4. Wear a new aligner every two weeks. As you switch your aligners, your teeth will be gently guided to their proper positions in your smile. Each set of aligners is specifically calibrated to make small adjustments to your tooth alignment until you have reached your ideal, straight smile.
5. Reveal your new smile! When you have completed your entire series of aligners, you will have achieved a straighter, healthier, and more attractive smile. Your dentist may recommend retainers to ensure that your teeth stay properly aligned.
To start your journey to a straighter, more beautiful smile with Invisalign, call us today at The Dental Implant Associates!