Nutrition is very important during pregnancy, but sometimes it can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. If that’s the case for you, our The Dental Implant Associates team is here to give you the tips you need to be successful! In order to take care of your baby, your body, and your smile, we recommend doing the following things:
· Eat healthy foods on a regular basis, including whole grains (like cereal, breads, and crackers), fruits, vegetables, and dairy products (like milk, yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheese).
· Try to limit your sugar intake each day. It’s best to avoid eating cookies, candy, and cake, and it’s also best to avoid drinking sugary drinks like soda, juice, and soft drinks.
· Choose to eat healthy snacks, like fruits, veggies, cheese, and yogurt.
· Drink plenty of water and milk throughout the day. It’s best that you drink fluoridated water and it’s also best to avoid juice, fruit-flavored drinks, and soft drinks.
· If you are extremely sick throughout your pregnancy and you have trouble eating, try having small, healthy meals and snacks throughout the day.
Your oral health and smile are important to Dr. Larry Hoffman, Steven Flicker, & David Sher and our dental team, so if you have any questions or if you need additional tips, please remember that you can always call 312-467-5268 during our office hours and talk to our dental team. We have the answers you need—all you need to do is give us a call! We look forward to hearing from you.